Join the Wolkow Braker Team!
Wolkow Braker Roofing Corp. is one of New York’s premier roofing, sheet metal and waterproofing organizations providing quality services for New York’s construction industry. We are proud to be able to say that we have worked on some of New York City’s best-known projects such as the World Trade Center Tower 4, One Vanderbilt, the Museum of Modern Art, Hearst Tower, The New York Times Building, and Yankee Stadium. In addition to our widely known projects, we can be found working on high-rise office buildings, condominiums, schools, stadiums, courthouses, museums and other long-standing institutions.
We share the same pride in our field work as we do in the internal culture that we have created in our workspaces. We have a fast-paced, dynamic environment that prioritizes teamwork, leadership and accountability. With our main office on Long Island and our satellite office in Manhattan, we uphold a balanced combination of a rapidly growing organization with growth opportunities, while still maintaining our team focused culture.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to
- Responsible for overseeing daily accounting activities.
- Supervises subordinate personnel in accounts payable and payroll.
- Oversees, monitors and works to improve accounting procedures, internal controls and
- Prepares financial statements for the Company.
- Handles personally or supervises general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly journal entries.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls.
- Trains staff on proper company procedures.
- Assists controller with a variety of tasks and projects, as needed.
- Reviews bank statements and reconciles bank accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of all audits.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly WIP reports providing PM’s with certain
- Assist in providing financial information needed for prequalification applications.
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting, and comply with federal, state,
and local financial requirements.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 3+ years proven accounting experience
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- CPA highly preferred
The responsibility of the assistant project manager is to support the project manager in the planning and execution of their projects. Those responsibilities include but are not limited to; execute the day-to-day tasks given by the PM, coordinating with construction managers, assisting with cost reporting, update tracking lists, visiting job sites and reporting progress.
- Know and understand complete project scope.
- Make sure all submissions and shop drawings are submitted on time and get final approvals.
- Oversee all extra work costs are accounted for and being submitted timely to the Construction. Manager.
- Maintain cost reports of current cost to date and estimated costs to complete for your projects. Identify
trends in costs.
- Keep up to date on all roofing products and materials.
- Maintain good communication with office Project Director.
- Review bulletin drawings and report changes to Project Manager.
- Contribute in project planning and coordination with Foreman and Superintendents.
- Walk each project frequently
- Assist clients with their needs: pricing, coordination, value engineering.
- Attend all internal weekly production meetings.
- Attend project coordination meetings as required.
- Maintain reputable relationships with all client staff: Project executives, managers, supers, owners reps.
- Follow up on pending change orders and report on items overdue.
- Be proactive in solving issues.
- Maintain project photos and field reports
Description of responsibilities:
- Preparing complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Manage all value analysis by reviewing alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Serve as a liaison with subcontractors and design team (architects, engineers, consultants)
- Preparing detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, and/or overall project cost.
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different contract types
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps.
- Making recommendations to the Director of Estimator and Client for contemplated expenditures.
- Working with department to maintain accurate and up to date Sage database pricing
- Manage transfer process from Estimating to Project Management team once bid is awarded. Includes updating estimate to match award, revising marked up drawings, executing executive summary sheet and leading transfer meeting.
- Attending pre bid walk throughs & scope meetings on LI & Manhattan
Required experience: 5-10 years estimating experience in any exterior commercial trade or commercial flooring. Commercial roofing/waterproofing experience preferred.
- Required skills: Experience with Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with Sage preferred
- Ability to read, understand and take off architectural plans
- Ability to read and understand architectural specifications
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong people skills
- Ability to travel into the city when required